Dietary Specials Put Consumer Tastebuds To Test
Tuesday, 06 April 2010
The UK's leading gluten and wheat free food brand is calling on consumers to help it shape current and future product ranges, with the introduction of a special Consumer Taste Panel.
dietary specials (ds), which produces a range of food for coeliacs and those following gluten and wheat free diets, is inviting people from across the UK to join its special tasting team - a group of consumers who will be sent samples of current and future products from the ds range and sister brand TRUfree, to taste and to assess via an online questionnaire. This is a valuable opportunity for passionate consumers to influence the range of products available in supermarkets across the UK.
The Consumer Taste Panel will invite consumers to receive exclusive previews of new products, provide feedback on current ranges, and have an input into future new product development plans to help ds and TRUfree improve the choice available to those following gluten and wheat free diets.
Emma Herring, Product Development Manager for ds and TRUfree said: "We are committed to improving food taste, quality and choice for people with Coeliac disease, gluten and wheat intolerances, and those who choose to avoid those ingredients as part of a healthy lifestyle choice.
"We hope that the introduction of our Consumer Taste Panel will provide a way for customers to have a real impact on the products they purchase - and have fun too!"
In addition to influencing the future gluten and wheat free products that will go on sale around the UK, the lucky 100th member of the taste panel is also set to receive a hamper packed with ds and TRUfree goodies including bread, pasta, crackers and delicious biscuits and snacks.
To find out more about the Consumer Taste Panel, or to register to join, please visit www.dietaryspecials.co.uk/questionnaire.php
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland