Easter Made Easy For Everyone
Tuesday, 16 March 2010
A special diet is no barrier to enjoying traditional Easter treats this year, thanks to TRUfree.
The brand, a popular consumer choice for wheat and gluten free foods, has just launched its new Simnel Cake at Sainsbury's in time for Easter.
The traditional fruit cake, which is sandwiched and topped with marzipan is ideal for coeliacs or those who have an allergy to wheat or gluten.
Michelle Shinn, Retail Brand Manager at TRUfree, said: "Simnel Cake is one of the most traditional foods to eat on Easter Sunday but many people who follow restricted diets miss out.
"At TRUfree we aim to provide those who cannot eat wheat and gluten with increased choice and variety in their diets and to offer them wheat and gluten free versions of their favourite treats.
"Our delicious new Simnel Cake is ideal for those following special diets but is equally tasty for the whole family."
TRUfree Simnel Cake is available to buy at Sainsbury's stores across the UK with a recommended selling price of £3.99 for 200g.
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland