ESH BORDER CONSTRUCTION ANNOUNCES SPRING NETWORKING EVENT AFTER FIRST ANNIVERSARY SUCCESS
Monday, 16 May 2016
Esh Border Construction is looking to build on its first anniversary success with a spring networking event in Edinburgh.
The company launched its Livingston base in March last year and is keen to further its momentum with the gathering, taking place on 26 May at the capital’s DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, where it will thank existing clients and customers.
Esh Border Construction has also invited prospective new clients to the Bread Street venue with the opportunity of building relationships across its growing Scottish operation.
Since underlining its commitment to Scotland, the company has enjoyed a steady pipeline of development and work, including several significant Scottish contract wins.
Clients and business partners attending the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel’s Sky Lounge will have an opportunity to meet members of the Esh Border Livingston team as well as Group Directors to discuss how the Esh Border business can deliver future projects.
The business of Esh Border Construction operates throughout the Scottish Central Belt and Borders on projects in the social housing, civil engineering, commercial build and facility services sectors.
Simon Phillips, Regional Managing Director for Scotland, said:
“We’re very much looking forward to meeting faces old and new on 26 May with Edinburgh’s stunning views as our backdrop.
“We have made many enduring connections with our clients, subcontractors and suppliers in Scotland and look forward to continuing those great working relationships, while forging fresh ones with the huge possibilities that entails.
“We hope many will take up our invitation to join us, come to introduce themselves, and discuss how best we can work together.
“Esh Border Construction has a strong culture of working with clients, and sub-contractors to deliver great projects.
“We have grown our team, adding more project managers to ensure quality of delivery and also a Design Manager to work with clients and ensure we offer the best, most cost-effective solutions in the built environment. We have enlarged our estimating resource to support tenders and have a newly appointed Business Development Manager to ensure we meet and understand our client needs.
“Whilst our business is new in many ways, it has come from a strong Group which sees huge opportunity for growth in Scotland. After our first successful year in Livingston, we are now firmly planning to grow and expand the business in Scotland. The networking event on the 26th is our second one and we look forward to discussing how we can help our clients.”
This year, the company, as part of Esh Group, placed at 54 on the Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100, which ranks the UK’s private companies with the fastest growing profits over three years.
The establishment of the Livingston office also witnessed the roll-out of the hugely successful and innovative Esh Border Construction Added Value programmes – including the award-winning Building My Skills.
Notes to Editors
- Border Construction had 143 employees and has over the last few years successfully delivered a number of construction projects across a wide range of sectors including education, health, public buildings, social housing and commercial build including award winning projects such as Robert Burns National Birthplace Museum in Ayr (£10m), the extension and refurbishment of Trinity School, Carlisle (£18m), Denton Holme Student Village, Carlisle (£10m), Abbotsford House Visitor Centre, Melrose (£3.2m) and five new Fire and Rescue Stations throughout Cumbria, (£13m) as part of the North West Fire and Rescue PFI Project.
- The company was acquired by Esh Group in April 2014 and is now a delivery arm of Esh Construction Ltd.
- Esh Construction delivers an extensive range of services including Property and Facilities Management, Civil Engineering, and Property Refurbishment and Build for the affordable housing sector and wider public and private sectors.
- Representing the significant operational core of Esh Group, in 2014, Esh Construction Ltd delivered a turnover of £253m and profit before tax of £9.1m.
- Esh Group provides construction and construction-related services to both public and clients. It directly employs over 1,200 people with substantial operations in an area from Central Scotland to Northern England from local offices in Central Scotland, Scottish Borders , Northumberland, Cumbria, County Durham and Yorkshire. Services delivered include brownfield remediation, civil engineering, design and build, refurbishment, fencing, landscaping, plumbing, facilities services, social housing, private housing and commercial development.
- ESH Construction consists of:
Esh Border Construction construction services in Scotland, Cumbria, North West England
Esh Property Services social housing new build and regeneration
Esh Facilities comprehensive buildings maintenance services
Lumsden & Carroll Civil Engineering ground works and civil engineering
Esh Build commercial new build
DEVELOPMENT BUSINESSES: Esh Developments, Dunelm Homes, Esh Acorn Homes
Bartram Walker mechanical + plumbing installation + maintenance
Remedios innovative diagnosis brownfield remediation services
Deerness Fencing + Landscaping landscaping, fencing manufacture + installation
Green Energies energy saving, heat + power
Esh Training Solutions employment + construction related skills training
Mechplant operated + non-operated plant hire
Stephen Easten Specialist Building historic buildings restoration
ESH CHARITABLE TRUST support for communities, education and young people funded through Esh Group resources