Fashion Spotlight Hits Sunderland
Thursday, 10 March 2011
Sunderland will be the North East's capital of fashion this month as the Bridges host an exclusive free weekend dedicated to showcasing the hottest new trends and styles for the summer season.
Shoppers are invited to join the centre across the three-day event to welcome in the new season and learn how to work the hottest trends, which are tipped for the coming months.
Models will be wearing top high street names and designer brands at the numerous free catwalk shows being held over the weekend of 18 - 20 March to provide shoppers with top tips on how to wear the key looks.
Andy Bradley, centre director at the Bridges, says: "We want to play homage to the fantastic fashion offer we have here at the Bridges and all of our retailers, including top high street brands Topshop, Debenhams, La Senza and Bank, will be showcasing their must-have items of the summer.
"The catwalk shows will give shoppers a unique opportunity to see first-hand how different styles can really work for them and inspire them with fashion-forward ideas at affordable prices.
"Whether you're an avid fashionista who knows how to work a style or you simply just need a bit of inspiration on some key new looks, we're inviting everybody to come down and see for themselves just how this season's styles can work for them!"
The free catwalk shows are being held at Central Square, within the Bridges on Friday 18th - Saturday 19 March three times daily at 12pm, 2pm and 4pm and again on Sunday 20 March at 11am, 12pm and 1pm.
Notes to Editors
- The Bridges is owned and operated by Land Securities. More information on Land Securities can be found on http://www.landsecurities.com/
- The Bridges provides 515,000 sq ft (47,845 sq m) of retail space in the heart of Sunderland
- Over 100 retailers including Debenhams, Tesco, Boots, Next, HMV, H&M, River Island, Monsoon and New Look
- It attracts more than20 million visitors each year, with a combined catchment of 663,000 people
- The Bridges has excellent public transport links and 940 parking spaces attached to the centre
Land Securities Group PLC
- Land Securities is the UK's leading Real Estate Investment Trust with a national portfolio of commercial property. Our investment portfolio also has more than 50 retail parks and shopping centres including Bristol's Cabot Circus and Exeter's quadruple award-winning Princesshay site.
- Land Securities' multi billion pound development programme is transforming regional city centres including Cardiff and Leeds, key Central London sites and delivering long-term, large-scale regeneration projects in the South East.
- Half of the Land Securities' portfolio is in London, where it owns landmark buildings such as the Piccadilly Lights and Westminster City Hall, and is developing some of the capital's most innovative mixed-use schemes.