Free From Brand Rolls Out Fresh Campaign
Friday, 11 November 2011
DS-gluten free is rewarding its consumers in the run-up to Christmas as part of a brand new £100,000 marketing campaign to promote their versatile bread products.
The three-month campaign from the leading free from brand will focus on their Ciabatta Rolls and will see consumers receive a drop in their shopping bill during the festive period along with a free recipe booklet to promote the versatility of the rolls.
DS-gluten free will give 38,000 people from across the UK the chance to sample the award-winning Ciabatta Rolls for free as part of a three-tier below the line promotion which will then see consumers receiving 75p and 50p off the shelf price in retailers stocking the product.
The discounts will form part of the brand's new strategy to promote the versatility of their Ciabatta Rolls which can be eaten straight from the pack, warmed in the oven or can be used as part of a recipe.
From November, DS-gluten free consumers who purchase the Ciabatta Rolls will also be able to download or request a free recipe booklet which features gluten free recipes incorporating the bread rolls.
For the first time, the campaign will be marketed on the brand's product packaging and further supported online through the brand's social media pages and website.
Emma Herring, Retail Brand Manager at Dr. Schär UK who own DS-gluten free, said: "Free from category consumers often feel limited during meal times and this new marketing drive will help show how our products can be used to create a range of delicious meals, whether that's using the Ciabatta Rolls in a Christmas pudding or creating tasty hot paninis.
"It can be difficult to adapt mainstream cookbook recipes to a gluten free diet as so many products contain gluten or wheat. Hopefully our customers who download or send away for this free cookbook will find a wealth of new and tasty recipes that are completely safe for them to eat. Our DS-gluten free Ciabatta Rolls have received many awards for their quality and taste so we are sure this campaign will be well received by our consumers."
For more information about the DS-gluten free range of gluten and wheat free products visit http://www.dsglutenfree.co.uk/ or call 0800 954 1981.
Notes to editors:
- Dr. Schär UK is the UK division of the European company Dr. Schär, market leader and pioneer in the gluten free food sector, drawing on the company's 30 year global heritage
- Dr. Schär aims to be the leading food specialist for particular dietary and nutritional needs in Europe and America
- The company was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Its Dietary Specials (DS-gluten free) range is brand leader in the retail sector and its Glutafin brand is a leading brand in the healthcare channel.
- The company is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of the TRUfree brand in retail.
- Since 1998 the Warrington based team has been working closely with the loyal DS-gluten free customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, frozen and chilled foods
- Dr. Schär products cater for those with coeliac disease and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a gluten or wheat free diet for lifestyle reasons