Get Slice Lunchtime Action
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
Livening up dull lunch boxes is now easier, even for those following a special diet - with the launch of the new Dietary Specials (ds) Cornish slices.
Made especially for Coeliacs, people with an allergy or intolerance to wheat or gluten, or those who simply choose to avoid these ingredients as part of a lifestyle choice, the new ds Cornish slice is so tasty it can be enjoyed by the whole family!
The ds Cornish slice is the latest addition to the ds frozen range, and is available from Asda stores across the UK. Each pack contains two puff pastry slices filled with a delicious blend of minced beef, potato, swede, carrot and onion.
Michelle Shinn, Retail Brand Manager at Nutrition Point, said: "We're really excited about this latest product to be added to our frozen foods range. At ds we're committed to increasing the choice of foods available to people who aren't able to eat foods containing gluten or wheat. The feedback from customers so far is that the Cornish slices are a welcome, and tasty, addition to the range."
ds slices are frozen and available to buy at Asda stores across the UK with a recommended selling price of £2.99 for a pack of two slices.
For more information about the ds range of gluten and wheat free products visit http://www.dietaryspecials.co.uk/
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland