GREEN LIGHT FOR NEW CALA DEVELOPMENT IN BRIDGE OF DON
Tuesday, 06 June 2017
CALA Homes has been given the green light to create a vibrant new community in the highly sought-after Bridge of Don area of Aberdeen.
Planning permission has been granted from Aberdeen City Council to create the initial phase of Grandhome – a first of its kind development for the North East – that will bring a collection of 71 properties including detached, semi-detached and terraced homes as well as apartments to the area.
The masterplan for Grandhome has been over a decade in the making and will set the standards in terms of community creation. The size, sale and significance of the project have meant that it has been adopted as a Scottish Sustainable Communities Initiative.
CALA is embracing the overall vision of the development by bringing a new product mix offering innovative design that will meet the needs of the community and homebuyers of all ages.
Mike Naysmith, Managing Director of CALA Homes (North), said: “This is a huge step forward in bringing Grandhome to fruition and we can’t wait to play our part in bringing a project as significant as this to Aberdeen. Everything about the design of the development has been created with community at its heart to allow residents to feel part of something of which they can be proud.
“Grandhome will open up a brand new urban location to a whole spectrum of homebuyers and will fast become a destination that ticks all the boxes. The scale of the project has been matched by a new aspirational CALA product that will open the doors to families, couples, downsizers and those looking to trade up. We look forward to bringing it to life over the coming months and adding this exciting new development to our portfolio.”
The first phase of CALA Homes within the Grandhome development will be released for sale in autumn 2017.
For further information please visit www.cala.co.uk
Notes to editors
Grandhome is a planned new community for Aberdeen which will set new standards in the region for place making. The community is being planned and developed by The Grandhome Trust, a family-led entity that has held the land for more than 300 years and which is driven to deliver an exemplary community in terms of its built environment, sense of place, civic amenities and quality of life. Grandhome will be built according to a masterplan which has been designed over the past decade by an internationally recognised team of architects in consultation with the local community. The masterplan is complemented by a design code that will ensure the community meets consistent and high standards throughout. Grandhome is an exemplar project for the Scottish Sustainable Communities Initiative and has the long-term potential to deliver 7,000 homes, bringing significant economic activity with more than £1 billion of investment in homes and infrastructure.
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- On average over the past eight years, 93% of our customers have been willing to recommend CALA to a friend in the Home Builders Federation National New Homes customer satisfaction survey
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk