Growth Free From Sector Sparks New Appetiser
Monday, 23 May 2011
Market leading gluten and wheat free brand Dietary Specials (DS-gluten free) has launched its first authentic Italian appetiser.
The new DS-gluten free Breadsticks, which will launch in Asda stores nationwide, will help meet demand from category consumers as sales in the gluten and wheat free 'Crackers and Savoury Biscuit' sector have already secured strong growth year on year - increasing by 14 per cent in volume*.
This product is the latest listing for the Asda free from category advisor which will be available in 67 stores from 30th April.
Dr. Schär UK, which is responsible for supplying the market leading DS-gluten free product range to retailers across the UK and Ireland, also supplies Asda with a wide range of its products including its convenient frozen food range.
Emma Herring, Retail Brand Manager at Dr. Schär UK, said: "With market data showing that there is an increase year on year in sales for savoury snacks we are confident this new listing will further help to meet consumer demand.
"Our research shows that gluten and wheat free shoppers have a desire to cook and eat normally and this dinner party appetiser will really fill a gap in the current gluten and wheat free range. We're pleased to be offering even more choice to the consumer."
Richard Storrie, Buyer at Asda, said: " We're always looking for new, innovative products to increase the choice to category consumers and we're confident that the DS-gluten free Breadsticks will be well received by our customers."
For more information on the DS-gluten free range please visit www.dsglutenfree.co.uk
Notes to editors:
- Dr. Schär UK is the UK division of the European company Dr. Schär, market leader and pioneer in the gluten free food sector, drawing on the company's 30 year global heritage
- Dr. Schär aims to be the leading food specialist for particular dietary and nutritional needs in Europe and America
- The company was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Its Dietary Specials (DS-gluten free) range is brand leader in the retail sector and its Glutafin brand is a leading brand in the healthcare channel.
- The company is also responsible for the marketing and distribution of the TRUfree brand in retail.
- Since 1998 the Warrington based team has been working closely with the loyal DS-gluten free customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, frozen and chilled foods
- Dr. Schär products cater for those with coeliac disease and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a gluten or wheat free diet for lifestyle reasons