Hundreds of job opportunities at UK’s second largest airport
Monday, 29 February 2016
A huge jobs boost has been announced in Gatwick with 465 recruits being taken on at Gatwick airport before the end of March.
Recruitment specialist Search Consultancy, which has offices UK-wide including Crawley, has been tasked with filling the vacancies at the UK’s second-largest airport.
The roles will be seasonal posts initially, with recruits in place until the end of October – however a majority of workers are expected to be recruited permanently thereafter.
The majority of the posts are for passenger care assistants, who assist travellers with restricted mobility.
In addition Search is also set to recruit 100 cleaners, as well as appointing staff across a variety of roles including baggage handlers, ice pickers and ramp operatives.
Debbie Caswell, Search Consultancy’s MD for England, said: “We have carried out a number of large-scale recruitment campaigns for Gatwick Airport and are delighted to be leading the recruitment drive for the airport’s seasonal staff.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for those looking for a challenge in a busy, vibrant working environment and we expect hundreds of staff to be retained following the main tourist season.”
Search already has a proven track record of recruiting for Gatwick Airport in across managerial, operational, ancillary, manual and customer service sectors. Roles have included general managers and team leaders, laundry staff, airline catering staff, baggage handlers, flight dispatchers, airside drivers, de-icers, passenger service agents, ticket agents, special assistance customer service agents and airline cabin crew.
Applicants must provide five years’ worth of checkable references in order to pass the stringent security checks in place for airport employees.
About Search Consultancy:
- Search Consultancy was established in Glasgow in 1987.
- Search now employs nearly 600 permanent staff in 13 offices across the UK: Aberdeen, Brighton, Crawley, Dundee, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield.
- Search provides specialist recruitment services across a diverse range of sectors including Accountancy & Finance, Automotive, Aviation, Call & Contact Centre, Construction, Doctors, Driving, Energy, Engineering, Facilities Management, Financial Services, Healthcare, Hospitality & Catering, HR & Development, Industrial, Insurance, IT & Change, Legal, Marketing, Medical, Nursing, Office Services, Oil & Gas, Rail, Sales, Scientific, Supply Chain, Social Care.
- Search placed over 11,000 permanent candidates in 2015.
- Search was placed 51st in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016.
- Search was the first UK recruitment agency to achieved Investors in People Gold status.
- Search Consultancy was proud to be the Official Recruitment Consultancy of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
- In Recruitment International’s Top 500 Recruitment Companies report Search was rated:
- second-largest in Scotland
- 6th best performing agency for permanent roles filled
- within top 10 for commercial secretarial recruitment (placing 10th)
- within top 20 for technical (placing 12th) and construction (placing 18th)
- within top 20 best agencies to work for (placing 14th)