HUTCHESONS’ GRAMMAR SCHOOL IN TUNE WITH CALA WEST
Friday, 11 March 2016
Hutchesons’ Grammar School was singing CALA at Thorntonhall’s praises this week as the development was the proud sponsor of the school’s annual talent show.
A total of 19 pupils battled for the crown as they showcased a selection of talents including singing, musical performances and dance routines.
Winners on the night were Luna Baral, Samantha Brodie, Elle Crumlish, Adil Shahid and Ruaridh Heath.
Iain Keter, bursar at Hutchesons’ Grammar School, said: “We would like to thank CALA Homes very much for their support this year.
“The talent show is a very popular event at the school and with the local community. Each year we raise money for a charity and this year we were raising funds for NetsforLife.
“The pupils always give 100 percent to this and we wouldn’t be able to put on such a high standard of show without the support from companies like CALA Homes.”
Liana Canavan, sales and marketing director for CALA Homes (West), said: “Our CALA at Thorntonhall development is focused on family living so we thought it would be great opportunity to support Hutchesons’ Grammar.
“The children put in a lot of hard work and we are glad that our contribution allowed them to put on the best show possible.”
CALA at Thorntonhall comprises 42 homes carefully selected from CALA’s Signature Collection – including the 4,800 sq.ft. Westbrook – perfect for new and growing families.
Prices at Thorntonhall start from £575,000. For more information on Thorntonhall, customers can visit www.cala.co.uk or call 0141 134 245.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2015, CALA announced record profits of £50.9m (2014: £26.8m) and an improved house sales gross margin of 23.4% (2014: 22.8%).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2015, was £509,000 (2014: £423,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2015, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 14,236 plots (2014: 12,690) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.2bn, up 11% versus 2014 (£4.7bn).
- In 2015, CALA Homes was named ‘Large Business of the Year’ at the Scottish Business Awards and won ‘Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards. It was also awarded bronze for the UK’s ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for six consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk