Launch New Look Boots Store Proves Great Success With Livingston
Tuesday, 21 October 2008
Shoppers flocked to the unveiling of the new look Boots store at The Centre, Livingston on Thursday 9th October, which now offers a bigger and better choice for locals on their doorstep.
A group of local children from Beatlie School in Craigshill, Livingston assisted store manager, George Harper in officially opening the store with a celebratory ribbon cutting. Customers were then piped in and invited to join in the festivities with complimentary cake and sparkling wine.
Now, Boots in Livingston, which has doubled in size, features a brand new beauty hall, complete with cosmetic ranges, Clinique, Clarins and Lancome, available for the first time. Additionally, the store now boasts an expanded fragrance section plus one of the biggest offerings of own brand No 7, throughout Scotland. A mother and baby room has been fitted for added convenience and a larger selection of products is now offered across the baby range.
Store manager, George Harper, said: "The unveiling of the fresh, new store was met with a great response from both new and longstanding shoppers and we would like to thank the children from Beatlie School who seemed to really enjoy the day's celebrations and helped to make it a very special opening.
"We are delighted to supply a greater range and bigger store which will make shopping at Boots, Livingston a convenient alternative to travelling further a field."
Entertainment was provided throughout the opening day from a magician and face painters for children, to beauty consultants who treated individuals to makeovers and demonstrations. Shoppers received discounts on purchases bought throughout the day, and many received a free gift.
The grand opening took place ahead of launch of The Centre on Thursday 16th October, which incorporates the former Almondvale Shopping Centre and its new extension Elements Square. The Centre provides a spectacular retail destination boasting 155 shops, including Marks & Spencer, Debenhams and H&M as well as leisure space and a superb catering offer.
Boots, 88-89, The Centre, Livingston, EH 54 6HR
Notes to editors:
- Livingston's Almondvale Shopping Centre and The Elements - the new £130million extension to Almondvale - is now known as 'The Centre'.
- The name change coincided with the opening date of the new shopping extension on 16th October which had been eagerly anticipated.
- The Centre offers a dynamic and inviting environment where people can shop, eat, relax or meet - whatever the weather. Made up of various elements, it will comprise five distinct areas:
- - Elements Square - the dramatic new 375,000 sq ft extension houses top retailers in an indoor shopping area with an outdoor feel
- - The Wintergarden - located upstairs within Elements Square, the Wintergarden will have comfortable seating and catering outlets in a leafy garden environment providing an ideal break from the busy shopping areas.
- - The Avenue - this road running between The Centre and Livingston Designer Outlet will be home to the town's five new restaurants.
- - Almondvale Walk - the most easterly section of The Centre runs from JJB and Aulds along to Asda Walmart featuring favourites including WH Smith, Bodycare and M&Co.
- - Almondvale Place - the mall that stretches from Semi-Chem along to Carphone Warehouse, with top names including Boots, Argos and Chisholm Hunter.
- Address The Centre
- Opening hours (October 16th - 5th November inclusive)
9am - 7pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday
9am - 8pm Thursday
9am - 6pm Saturday
10am - 6pm Sunday