Livingston Is Centre Attraction For Fringe Fringe
Wednesday, 12 August 2009
For the second year running, The Centre, Livingston is to showcase a selection of the best children's acts for this year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival as it plays host to 'Fringe on the Fringe.'
Following the success of the inaugural event in Livingston in 2008, 'Fringe on the Fringe' is set to make a return presenting two shows daily across ten days from 14th August - 23rd August 2009, targeting all the family, but in particular two to 12 year olds.
The event in association with C Venues will showcase a variety of performances ranging from Alice in Wonderland to The Greatest Bubble Show on earth, and for the period 18th - 21st August, the shows are produced to appeal specifically to pre-school children.
All performances will take place in a specially erected marquee at The Centre's Civic Square which will cater for up to 70 people at a time. As well as the daily shows children can also go online to find a host of children's activities including colouring-in activities and an exciting treasure map to find the hidden golden coins around The Centre.
Jennifer Bruce, marketing manager at The Centre was instrumental in bringing the Fringe to Livingston for the second year. She said: "We are delighted to bring 'Fringe on the Fringe' to Livingston following the success of our first year.
"The additional venue at Livingston is a real milestone for the festival showing its popularity and prestige not only in the Capital but across the country. Visitors to The Centre have already expressed a great deal of support and I expect all shows will be very busy.
"People travel far and wide to enjoy the talent on show at the Fringe. It is great for Livingston to be part of this great Scottish event."
Entry is free of charge and wristbands can be collected at The Centre customer service desk from 10am on the day of each performance. The shopping centre will be welcoming donations for its nominated charity for 2009 CHAS for the duration of Fringe on the Fringe.
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
- The Centre offers a dynamic and inviting environment where people can shop, eat, relax or meet - whatever the weather. Made up of various elements, it comprises five distinct areas:
- - Elements Square - the dramatic new 375,000 sq ft extension houses top retailers in an indoor shopping area with an outdoor feel.
- - The Wintergarden - located upstairs within Elements Square, the Wintergarden has comfortable seating and catering outlets in a leafy garden environment providing an ideal break from the busy shopping areas.
- - The Avenue - this road running between The Centre and Livingston Designer Outlet is home to the town's five new restaurants.
- - Almondvale Walk - the most easterly section of The Centre runs from JJB and Aulds along to Asda Walmart featuring favourites including WH Smith, Bodycare and M&Co.
- - Almondvale Place - the mall that stretches from Semi-Chem along to Carphone Warehouse, with top names including Boots, Argos and Chisholm Hunter.
- Address The Centre
Friday 14th Alice in Wonderland (11am)
Shakespeare for Breakfast (3.30pm)
Saturday 15th Alice in Wonderland (11am)
The Greatest Bubble Show on Earth (3.30pm)
Sunday 16th The Scat Pack - Lights! Camera! Improvise! (11am)
The Noise Next Door (3.30pm)
Monday 17th The Scat Pack - Lights! Camera! Improvise! (11am)
Tuesday 18th The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (11am)
A Pirates Life for Me (3.30pm)
Wednesday 19th The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (11am)
Thursday 20th The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (11am)
A Pirates Life for Me (3.30pm)
Friday 21st In the Pink! (11am)
Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes (3.30pm)
Saturday 22nd Surprise Show (11am)
React! Improv for Kids
Sunday 23rd The Scat Pack - Lights! Camera! Improvise! (11am)
Canterbury Tales (3.30pm)