Local Business Shortlisted For Regions Top Awards
Monday, 07 June 2010
A local business is celebrating after being shortlisted for the Warrington Business Awards 2010.
Warrington-based Nutrition Point, a leading supplier of gluten and wheat free foods, has been shortlisted for the 'Business of the Year' and 'Deal of the Year' awards.
Now in their 11th year, the Warrington Business Awards celebrate the achievements and enterprises of businesses from across the borough and their contribution to the local economy.
The winners of the awards, which are run by the Warrington Guardian, will be announced at a special ceremony at the Park Royal Hotel, Stretton, on Friday 9 July.
Chris Hook, Managing Director of Nutrition Point, said: "We're thrilled that our company has been recognised in this way and can't wait for the ceremony to find out if we'll be a winner.
"Nutrition Point has grown significantly in recent years and with our two brands, TRUfree and Dietary Specials (ds) we have become the market leader in free from food sector. We supply to all the major UK retailers and have gained category captaincy status in ASDA, advising the supermarket chain on their free from range.
"According to Coeliac UK, Coeliac disease affects 1 in a 100 people in the UK, and cutting out gluten and wheat containing foods is the only way to control the condition. Add to that the rising number of people who have a food intolerance or allergy, and those who choose to avoid these foods as part of a lifestyle choice, and it's easy to see why the sector is growing at such a rate."
Nutrition Point is a Warrington-based company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son, who both suffer from wheat intolerance. The business was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making these foods as convenient and tasty as mainstream alternatives.
Chris Hook added: "We're really looking forward to the ceremony on 9 July, and are hoping to bring some awards back to the team at our Warrington office."
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland