Local Business Woman Proves She Is World Class - Twice
Tuesday, 22 June 2010
A local Purchasing Manager has proven she is a world-class performer twice, after beating off international competition to scoop a top industry prize.
Ursula Hirschberg, Purchasing Manager for Warrington based Nutrition Point, received the Royal Mail Prize - the Chartered Institute of Purchasing Supply's top accolade - at a prestigious ceremony at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham.
The Chartered Institute of Purchasing Supply's students gathered together for their MCIPS graduation ceremony and Ursula was honoured with the special prize after achieving the highest aggregate mark of the 1,186 graduates from around the world.
Ursula said: "I am absolutely thrilled to have won this award. I never dreamed I'd do this well when I signed up to do my CIPS qualification two and a half years ago and it's extremely satisfying to know that all of my hard work has paid off."
Ursula studied for the qualification at weekends, fitting the work around her other family commitments and hobby of horse carriage driving - which also led to her achieving a bronze medal in the World Carriage Driving Championships.
She added: "These two achievements are very different, but I'm equally proud of both. I've been working in purchasing for several years and was thrilled to get the opportunity to study for my professional qualification. Joining Nutrition Point in January has given me a real opportunity to strategically develop the purchasing function within the business, and I'm already implementing the core principles of CIPS.
"I believe both of these prizes have required similar input from me - time, dedication and hard work - and I'm looking forward to putting my new knowledge into practice at Nutrition Point."
Warrington based Nutrition Point is a leading supplier of gluten and wheat free foods in the UK, with its two main brands dietary specials (ds) and TRUfree. Its products are suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, gluten and wheat allergies or intolerances, and those who choose to avoid the ingredients as part of a healthier lifestyle choice.
Ursula oversees and manages Nutrition Point's purchasing requirements in line with Group strategy and objectives.
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland