Miracle Winter Skin Solution
Tuesday, 19 January 2010
As the nation is gripped by Britain's coldest winter in almost 30 years¹, many people have noticed the effects of freezing temperatures and icy winds with much drier and more sensitive skin.
A spokeswoman for Simple Derma, a range of products developed especially for very dry, sensitive skin says: "We've noticed an almost 30%2 increase in sales of Simple Derma since the start of this extreme cold snap. We have also seen an increase in consumer feedback on the Simple Derma range. For example consumers have reported that they've been giving Simple Derma Hand Cream to their children to take to school to protect their delicate skin which is very susceptible to the extreme cold."
The Simple Derma range from the UK's No.1 Facial Skincare brand3, is priced from £2.19 RRP and is formulated with unique, natural ingredients including natural AquaxylTM to deeply hydrate and restore the skin's natural moisture levels and Canola Oil to replenish, soothe and protect very dry sensitive skin keeping further allergens out.
As with all Simple products, the Simple Derma range contains no perfume, no colour and no harsh chemicals so is suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive. The range is also lanolin-free, an ingredient that can be irritating to very dry, sensitive skin, especially skin prone to eczema and dermatitis. What's more, it is clinically proven to show results in just four days4.
Simple Skincare Expert, Caroline Frazer offers her top 5, Simple Derma winter skincare tips:
- If you have a cold and a runny nose, gently apply Simple Derma Lotion to soothe sore, cracked skin around the nose
- Use Simple Derma Cream around dry, chapped lips to soothe sore skin
- Spread a thick layer of the rich Simple Derma Cream over areas of your skin prone to chapping such as elbows, knees and knuckles as part of your bedtime routine. This way your skin can repair itself while you sleep
- Massage Simple Derma Hand Cream into cuticles to improve the condition of nails, keep hands soft and protect against chapped skin. It will also protect hands prone to eczema
- Rub Simple Derma Cream into cracked heels to protect against the cold and wet and maintain soft and supple feet.
The Simple Derma range includes: Simple Derma Cream 50ml, 125ml & 350ml from £2.19 (RRP), Simple Derma Lotion 200ml & 400ml from £3.19 (RRP), Simple Derma Shower Cream 200ml £4.69 (RRP), Simple Derma Hand Cream, 50ml £3.79 (RRP).
The Simple Derma range is available nationwide from Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacies, Tesco & Sainsbury's.
For further stockist details call 0121 712 6523 or visit http://www.simple.co.uk/
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
1BBCnews.com, 'Snow brings disruption to parts of Europe?' 6 January 2010
2 Source: Internal sales data, January 2010
3 Source: IRI UK Non-Medicated Facial Skincare units 52 w/e 28th November 2009
4 The Claim applies to Simple Derma Intensive Relief Cream and Simple Derma Intensive Relief Lotion. Alba Science Ltd, Nov 2007
The Simple portfolio also includes: Simple Kind To Skin, Simple Clear Skin, Simple Regeneration, Simple Radiance, Simple Repair, Simple Derma, Simple Sun Sensitive, Simple Baby, Simple Toiletries, Simple Haircare and Simple For Men