Ms To Take Over 1500 New Recruits Scotland This Christmas
Wednesday, 30 September 2009
Mark & Spencer in Scotland aims to recruit 1532 extra employees for Christmas this year. The push is part of the retailer's nationwide recruitment drive to employ approximately 20,000 seasonal employees across its UK and Republic of Ireland stores.
Steve Rowe, Director of Retail at M&S said: "Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without your M&S. That's why we're looking for 20,000 more friendly and enthusiastic employees to help our customers find exactly what they need to celebrate Christmas.
"We offer an excellent benefits package, and all our new recruits take part in a two-day induction training session so that they are fully-equipped to ensure our customers receive the best possible service."
Applicants for customer assistant, M&S café assistant or warehouse assistant roles can apply online at http://www.marksandspencer.com/. Applicants can also apply by calling 0845 300 3725 in the UK.
Applicants must be prepared to work a minimum of 16 hours a week, and may need to work in the evening, as well as weekends and Bank Holidays over the Christmas and New Year period.
- Ends -
Notes to editors
- A full description of all roles can be found, and applied for via our website at www.marksandspencer.com/careers
- All roles can be applied for via our automated application service by calling 0845 300 3725. This line is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm and from 9am to 2pm on Saturday.
- All applicants must have the name and address of two referees and be able to show that they are eligible to work in the UK.
- Applicants must be of compulsory school leaving age or over.
- Contract lengths will vary. Christmas recruitment is starting from September in some stores with the majority of contracts ending in December or January.