New Free-From Dunking Delights Unwrapped For Biscuit Lovers
Tuesday, 04 May 2010
A selection of delicious new treats will soon be available for people with coeliac disease, wheat or gluten intolerance. Market leading brand TRUfree is expanding its biscuit range, prompted by a massive rise in sales of products in the free from sector.
Sales of gluten and wheat free foods are up 13 per cent year on year * - and this launch will meet demand from consumers who want quick snacks that meet their dietary needs.
TRUfree is adding Chocolate Fingers and Rich Tea biscuits to its range, which already includes Digestives, Bourbon Biscuits, Custard Creams and Milk Chocolate Nobbles.
Chocolate Fingers will be on sale in Asda stores from 3rd May. This popular crunchy biscuit treat is smothered in luxurious chocolate and will join the already successful range of indulgent products from TRUfree.
Michelle Shinn, Retail Brand Manager for TRUfree, said: "These delicious wheat and gluten free biscuits are coated in a decadent chocolate, making them the perfect accompaniment for a cup of coffee."
The more traditional Rich Tea biscuits - ideal for dunking - are portion packed for freshness and convenience. They will be available in Asda stores from 3rd May.
Michelle Shinn continued: "Yet another family favourite, our customers told us that Rich Tea biscuits were top of their list and we've created a tasty gluten and wheat free version that is suitable for everybody. The great thing about these biscuits is that they are portion packed, ideal for a quick snack on the go"
TRUfree was established in 1999 to offer coeliacs and those on wheat and gluten free diets a selection of delicious treats and convenient snacking products. The range has now grown to incorporate biscuits, cakes, crackers and lunchtime snacks to offer more choice for those with special dietary needs - or those who simply follow a wheat or gluten free diet as a lifestyle choice.
Michelle Shinn added: "We are always looking at opportunities to help supermarkets boost their free-from food sections.
"Our research shows that gluten and wheat free shoppers really struggle when it comes to finding quick snacks and these new lines offer even more variety with the great taste all our products deliver."
*All data is TNS Worldpanel 52 w/e 24.01.10, unless otherwise stated.
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector, providing products for Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons.
- TRUfree was established in 1999 to offer the same group of people a selection of delicious treats and convenient snacking products.
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland