NEW YEAR, NEW SHOWHOME FOR CALA’S FLAGSHIP MILLTIMBER COMMUNITY
Tuesday, 19 January 2021
A brand new five-bedroom showhome has been unveiled at CALA Homes’ flagship Milltimber Manor development.
The Macrae is a spectacular 2,470 sq ft home which is the perfect property for families looking for flexible living space in an established suburb of Aberdeen.
The housetype has a lounge, spacious open-plan kitchen, dining and living area, dining room and study as well as five generous bedrooms, two with en-suites plus a family bathroom. It joins two existing showhomes at the development which is situated within Oldfold Village in Milltimber.
The luxurious showhome was designed by Felicity Stevens, director at Haus Interiors. She said: “The Macrae is a beautiful family home. It has some fantastic spaces and I enjoyed creating interiors that really showcase them.
‘We designed quite a few bespoke elements to create the luxurious feel you’ll see in the showhome, including the media unit in the lounge and the striking headboards within the five bedrooms.
“The main colour palette used throughout is various shades of blue, from dusky blues to deep navy, which has been coupled with grey tones and a touch of metallic to create an opulent, contemporary style for the home.”
The open-plan kitchen and dining area is a flexible space which has room for a dining table plus a living area. The showpiece of the room is the central island and breakfast bar which has been paired with soft grey, upholstered bar stools.
The round, white marble top dining table has been coupled with light blue chairs and the living area includes a grey wooden sideboard with black metal detailing, paired with a grey scoop arm sofa.
The dark furniture and statement wallpaper contrasts with the sleek, white kitchen.
The lounge has a neutral colour palette which is complemented by pops of teal and navy and silver and while marble detailing which adds a touch of luxury. The main focal point is a bespoke media unit which houses a large flat screen TV, surrounded by open shelving and integrated LED lighting.
The lounge enjoys beautiful views of the garden though the French doors.
The blue and teal colour palette continues into the dining room which features a piece of bespoke artwork which was especially commissioned for the showhome. The painting takes pride of place on the rich grey walls.
The dining table is framed by matching upholstered chairs and sits alongside a matching sideboard.
The study has been carefully crafted to create a space which is both functional and aesthetically pleasing, reflecting the fact that home studies have become commonplace in the past year.
A bespoke piece of dark wood joinery takes centre stage in the study. The corner unit spans two walls of the room and includes a mix of open shelving with integrated LED lighting and cupboard space.
The dark wooden finish complements the black desk, and is contrasted with the grey and white botanical print wallpaper, which softens the space.
The spacious main bedroom boasts a superking bed which is framed by a bespoke, two-tone upholstered and framed headboard and has a matching end of bed bench. The deep green cushions and solid walnut furniture add warmth and depth to the room.
Fraser Carr, sales and marketing director, said: “This is the second five-bedroom showhome we have launched in the past few months across our developments in Aberdeen.
“We are confident there is still a strong appetite for family homes of this grandeur, especially as we move into the New Year and homebuyers look to find the perfect home that suits their lifestyle. This is something that has become even more important for homebuyers after spending much more time at home in the past year and evaluating what is important to them in a home.
“The Macrae is an impressive family home which offers the opportunity for homebuyers to tailor the spaces to suit their needs, whether that is a separate dining room and office or a gym or playroom.
“We’re delighted to be able to offer homebuyers the chance to see this housetype in addition to our two existing showhomes, The Lowther and The Moncrief.”
Prices at Milltimber Manor start from £475,000. The sales office and showhomes are open Thursday to Monday for personal visits by appointment.
For further information on CALA Homes, visit www.cala.co.uk.
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
For more information contact:
Rachel Connor / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01324 602563
Shaun Keeney / email@example.com / 01698 787843
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- In the 18 months to December 2019, CALA sold over 2,400 homes and announced profit before tax of £96.2m and revenues of £1,002.2m.
- CALA employs more than 1,100 people across 10 offices and more than 75 developments.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2020. On average over the past 11 years, the independent survey has found that more than 93% of our customers would recommend CALA to a friend.
- At the 2018 Scottish Home Awards, CALA received the Customer Service Excellence Award for the third year running. In 2019, CALA was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards.
- CALA is proud to have named the Samaritans as its national charity partner. CALA’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip CALA’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing, as well as being aware of their co-workers’.
- In March 2018, CALA Group was acquired by Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk