Nutrition Point Announces New Managing Director
Thursday, 01 July 2010
Entrepreneur Chris Hook launched Nutrition Point in 1998 after becoming frustrated by the lack of choice available for his wheat intolerant wife and son. The company is responsible for the leading gluten free brands Dietary Specials (DS Gluten Free), TRUfree and Glutafin, and became part of the European gluten free market leader Dr Schär in 2002.
Bob Trice, who will take over the role of Managing Director immediately, joined Nutrition Point in 2007 after previously working for Nestle in the UK and Switzerland and helping to launch the Japanese vitamin supplement company Sun Chlorella in the UK.
Bob Trice said: "I am looking forward to taking on the role of Managing Director at Nutrition Point. It's a really exciting time for the business, with the free from sector being recognised by retailers as a key area for growth - a growth we are keen to lead and drive forward in the coming months and years. In addition, the healthcare sector remains challenging but vital to our business and to our coeliac consumers.
"Chris Hook and the Nutrition Point team have done a tremendous job growing the company to become one of the leading free from brands in the UK across both retail and healthcare channels.
"We need to stay ahead of the competition through superior product quality, knowledge of our customers and by taking gluten free into new sector areas, and I'm looking forward to leading the exceptional Nutrition Point team to drive forward innovation and capitalise on this exciting and rapidly developing market in association with our colleagues in the Dr Schar Group."
Chris Hook added: "Dr Schär and I agree that the time is now right for a change in leadership at Nutrition Point, and I will remain with the company in an advisory role until 31 December 2010.
"Since joining Nutrition Point in 2007, Bob has been instrumental in helping me shape the business, and I'm confident he will be a strong and dynamic leader for the company. I wish him all the best for his new role and will work with him between now and the end of the year to ensure a smooth transition."
EndsNotes to editors:
• Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
• Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
• Their DS Gluten Free brand is brand leader in the sector
• Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal DS Gluten Free customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
• DS Gluten Free products cater for those with coeliac disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
• In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat free foods
• In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland
• Glutafin is a leading brand in the healthcare market with a wide range of products including bread, rolls, mixes, crackers, plain biscuits and pasta.