Pipe band eyes competition success thanks to community bursary donation
Monday, 14 October 2019
Deeside Caledonia Pipe Band has introduced a new tuition programme for its members to help fine tune their skills.
The 10 monthly tuition sessions have been made possible thanks to a £1,000 donation from the CALA Homes community bursary.
The band regularly participates in competitions across the world and also performs at public engagements.
Robert Grant, Pipe Major of Deeside Caledonia Pipe Band, said: “We already provide free tuition for our members but this funding from CALA has enabled us to really refine our performances.
“The extra tuition programme has been put in place to help us achieve our goal of being promoted to even higher grades at the competitions we compete at.
“We are delighted to be able to support and nurture our talented members with help from CALA’s community bursary.”
Mike Naysmith, Managing Director at CALA Homes North, said: “Deeside Caledonia Pipe Band flies the flag for Aberdeen at events all over the world.
“Pipe bands are a fantastic part of our Scottish heritage and we’re pleased to support one right on our door step.
“We’ll be watching their progress during competitions this year with great interest and wish them luck.”
The donation was made as part of the CALA Homes (North) £10,000 Community Bursary scheme, which has helped a total of 10 local groups, charities and organisations this year.
Now in its fourth year, CALA’s Community Bursary aims to provide support for a wide range of organisations and projects within the communities in which CALA builds.
In 2019, the Community Bursary scheme will award more than £55,000 to 63 good causes across Scotland.
For further information on CALA Homes’ 2019 Community Bursary, visit www.cala.co.uk/bursary.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- In the 18 months to December 2018, CALA sold over 3000 homes and announced record profit before tax of £122.4m and also record revenues of £1,220.8m.
- CALA has a strong pipeline of land with an owned and contracted land bank of over 17,000 homes.
- CALA employs more than 1,000 people across 10 offices and more than 70 developments
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for 2019. On average over the past 10 years, the independent survey has found that more than 93% of our customers would recommend CALA to a friend.
- In 2017, and for the second consecutive year, CALA has collected the Silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the WhatHouse? Awards. At the 2018 Scottish Home Awards, CALA received the Customer Service Excellence Award for the third year running. In 2019, CALA was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards.
- CALA is proud to be a Gold Patron of the Prince’s Trust, our national charity partner since 2015.
- In March 2018, CALA Group was acquired by Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk