Schuh Puts Its Best Foot Forward For Charitable Mission
Friday, 01 October 2010
Leading fashion footwear retailer, Schuh has today (Saturday 2 October) launched a shoe recycling campaign exclusively in Sunderland.
Proving it's not just its logo that's green Schuh has teamed up with the charity Newlife Foundation to give old and unwanted shoes a new home which in turn will help purchase essential equipment for disabled and terminally ill children across the UK.
Throughout October Schuh, located within the Bridges, will be encouraging Sunderland shoppers to bring any old and unwanted shoes into the store which will then be exchanged for a £10 Schuh voucher.
Chris Roddie, store manager of Sunderland Schuh, says: "The team are really excited that the initiative is being trialled here in Sunderland and we can't wait to get involved, make it a success, and help Newlife Foundation get into full swing across the network of Uk Schuh stores."
Sarah King, marketing manager of the Bridges, adds: "This is a real coup for the Sunderland Schuh store and an excellent opportunity for shoppers to get involved and do their bit for charity while bolstering their love of shoes at the same time."
Newlife Foundation is committed to providing equipment for disabled children, provides free, confidential practical and emotional support via a Nurse Helpline and provides practical support for disabled children throughout the UK.
As more babies and children survive conditions, accidents and infections more children face enduring disability. Newlife Foundation cares for all disabled and terminally ill children and currently needs to raise £283,318.12 and help 123 UK children who need essential equipment.
Notes to Editors
- The Bridges is owned and operated by Land Securities. More information on Land Securities can be found on www.landsecurities.com
- The Bridges provides 515,000 sq ft (47,845 sq m) of retail space in the heart of Sunderland
- Over 100 retailers including Debenhams, Tesco, Boots, Next, HMV, H&M, River Island, Monsoon and New Look
- It attracts more than 21 million visitors each year, with a combined catchment of 663,000 people
- The Bridges has excellent public transport links and 940 parking spaces attached to the centre
Land Securities Group PLC
- Land Securities is the UK's leading Real Estate Investment Trust with a national portfolio of commercial property. Our investment portfolio also has more than 50 retail parks and shopping centres including Bristol's Cabot Circus and Exeter's quadruple award-winning Princesshay site.
- Land Securities' multi billion pound development programme is transforming regional city centres including Cardiff and Leeds, key Central London sites and delivering long-term, large-scale regeneration projects in the South East.
- Half of the Land Securities' portfolio is in London, where it owns landmark buildings such as the Piccadilly Lights and Westminster City Hall, and is developing some of the capital's most innovative mixed-use schemes, such as One New Change in Mid-town and Park House on Oxford Street.