Search Is For Face Sunderland
Saturday, 08 May 2010
The search is on to discover Sunderland's most fashionable shopper as the Bridges host a 'Faces of Fashion' catwalk show on Saturday 8th May.
The Bridges has teamed up with Zeebra Model Management, Helen Russell Photography and Sun FM to give one lucky local resident the ultimate accolade of becoming the 'face' of Sunderland and an exclusive modelling contract with Zeebra.
Over the past six weeks, photographer Helen Russell has been on the search to find shoppers who have the potential to be models-in-the-making and Sun FM listeners have voted in their thousands to whittle down the entries to just 30 finalists.
The chosen few will be strutting their stuff down the catwalk on Saturday in a bid to impress a Zeebra Model Management talent scout, Helen Russell, Debenhams store manager Graham Hollingsworth and Bridges marketing manager Sarah King with their looks, style and confidence.
The models will be wearing outfits from top highstreet stores including Debenhams, USC, Topshop, New Look, Next, Republic, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Monsoon and Peacocks.
Sarah comments: "The Bridges is really excited to be part of the search to discover the new 'face' of Sunderland and we were thrilled with the number of would-be models Helen has scouted here in the centre over the past few weeks.
"It really does show Sunderland people have what it takes to be top of the style stakes and the fashion show is the perfect opportunity for us to showcase some hot local talent!
"Saturday will be a really fun day for all the family and the Bridges is inviting everyone to come down and cheer on the models strutting their stuff while at the same time eyeing up some of the latest fashion trends available and getting inspired for the summer season."
Things will be kicking off this Saturday at 11.30am in Central Square, the Bridges with the winner being announced after the final show at 3.30pm.
Notes to Editors
- The Bridges is owned and operated by Land Securities. More information on Land Securities can be found on http://www.landsecurities.com/
- The Bridges provides 515,000 sq ft (47,845 sq m) of retail space in the heart of Sunderland
- Over 100 retailers including Debenhams, Tesco, Boots, Next, HMV, H&M, River Island, Monsoon and New Look
- It attracts more than20 million visitors each year, with a combined catchment of 663,000 people
- The Bridges has excellent public transport links and 940 parking spaces attached to the centre
Land Securities Group PLC
- Land Securities is the UK's leading Real Estate Investment Trust with a national portfolio of commercial property. Our investment portfolio also has more than 50 retail parks and shopping centres including Bristol's Cabot Circus and Exeter's quadruple award-winning Princesshay site.
- Land Securities' multi billion pound development programme is transforming regional city centres including Cardiff and Leeds, key Central London sites and delivering long-term, large-scale regeneration projects in the South East.
- Half of the Land Securities' portfolio is in London, where it owns landmark buildings such as the Piccadilly Lights and Westminster City Hall, and is developing some of the capital's most innovative mixed-use schemes, such as One New Change in Mid-town and Park House on Oxford Street.