SELL-OUT SUCCESS FOR LEADING BUILDER
Tuesday, 30 May 2017
Spring has brought a surge of sales for CALA Homes, with no less than three developments selling out within weeks of each other in Aberdeen.
And as the developer winds down at these three prestigious neighbourhoods, it is forging ahead with a suite of new developments in notable locations across the city.
Since mid-April, a wave of sales has seen CALA’s developments at Parklands at May Baird Avenue in the city centre, The Links at Dubford in Bridge of Don, and Rosefield Gardens in Cults all sell out. Experiencing unpredicted interest in the contemporary Parklands development, 61 of the luxury apartments sold within just one year of its launch.
Mike Naysmith, Managing Director for CALA Homes (North), said: “It’s a very positive sign to see these three developments sell out within weeks of each other. These neighbourhoods offer everything from two bedroom apartments to large five-bedroom detached homes, so it is encouraging to see an appetite at various stages within the home buying cycle.
“As these three developments draw to a close there is little time to reflect, however, as we press ahead with several new developments across Aberdeen.”
CALA Homes recently unveiled The Paddocks at Cults Park, a collection of three, four and five bedroom homes in the much sought-after suburb of Cults.
The housebuilder has also sold 33 properties at its Milltimber Grange at Oldfold Village development since launching last year. The landmark development will ultimately see the creation of a 550-home community.
Planning approval has recently been granted for a further development in Bridge of Don. The Grange at Balgownie will become an exclusive pocket of 32 detached, semi-detached and terraced homes plus townhouses, and planning approval for 71 apartments, semi-detached and terraced homes at Grandhome is expected in the near future.
Mike Naysmith continued: “With further planning applications in progress for developments at Craibstone and the next phase at Oldfold Village, we have plenty of new communities in the works as we draw to a close at Parklands, The Links at Dubford and Rosefield Gardens.
“We look forward to launching these throughout 2017 and beyond.”
For further information please visit www.cala.co.uk
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- On average over the past eight years, 93% of our customers have been willing to recommend CALA to a friend in the Home Builders Federation National New Homes customer satisfaction survey
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk