SHOWHOMES SET THE SCENE FOR URBAN VILLAGE LIFE AT RIVERSIDE RETREAT
Monday, 13 January 2020
CALA Homes has unveiled its four-bedroom Cleland showhome at the newly launched Southbank by CALA development in Aberdeen. Inspired by natural elements and modern trends, it offers homebuyers a glimpse into the idyllic lifestyle on offer in this dynamic new urban village on the banks of the River Don.
The development also features a contemporary show apartment, giving potential buyers a real feel for the space, specification and style available within this new neighbourhood.
Southbank by CALA, located at Persley Den Drive, comprises a collection of light and spacious three, four and five-bedroom family homes and one and two-bedroom apartments set beside tranquil woodlands by the river.
From beautifully spacious detached, semi-detached and terraced homes, to contemporary townhouses and apartments, there’s a dream home for everyone.
The Cleland is a popular CALA house style across the North East and at Southbank, interior designer Eileen Kesson, has taken a new approach to its design to demonstrate just how versatile this much-loved family home is.
Each area within the home has its own identity and personality with a collection of complementary textures and colours used throughout.
The centrepiece of the open plan kitchen, dining and family area is a bespoke slate-effect dining table, which is as spectacularly beautiful and stylish as it is multifunctional and practical for family life. The vision for this piece was that it can act as an island, offering additional kitchen worktop space; as a space to dine with family and friends; and a hub from which homework and work can be undertaken.
The kitchen features a split finish with contrasting sleek satin white and matt graphite cupboards, and earthy tones can be found in the patterned wallpaper of the family area which bring a cosy warmth to the space.
The monochrome theme continues in the inviting lounge which can be seen in the black and white granite of the showpiece fireplace. A TV is mounted above the fireplace but camouflaged against the black of the marble, making the room relaxed, family-friendly and stylish in equal measure.
The room is perfectly symmetrical with the same luxurious stone grey couch on either side of the room, separated by a statement black glass and metal coffee table. Two back-lined mirrors hang either side of the fireplace and a touch of sparkle can be found in the smoked and clear glass pendant lights which hang in three corners of the room.
The sumptuous master bedroom, complete with en suite and large fitted wardrobes, includes beautiful pops of colour in paprika and dusty pink. An organic palm leaf mural spans the length of the wall behind the bed which is layered with different textured fabrics in grey tones, creating an exotic feel to the room.
A further three bedrooms, all with fitted wardrobes and one with a second en suite, plus a spacious family bathroom complete the upstairs of the home.
A sense of light and space continues within the one-bedroom show apartment with a stylish aluminium kitchen with stunning white stone and grey worktop and splashback. These accents of steel and white can be found throughout the apartment with subtle accents of powder blush and rich blackberry, creating a clean, cosmopolitan vibe.
The master bedroom features double aspect windows dressed with full length charcoal and white drapes as well as a luxurious envelope headboard. The bathroom includes glamourous contrast metallic glaze faceted tiles, creating the perfect space to relax and unwind.
Fraser Carr, Sales and Marketing Director at CALA Homes (North), said: “We’re thrilled to open the doors on our show home and show apartment at Southbank by CALA. Each showcases the development in a different way, with the Cleland spotlighting stylish, contemporary family living and the apartment perfectly displaying a flexible, chic lifestyle ideally suited to young professionals or downsizers. And all in a stunning, leafy location that’s right on the river bank, while being very easily accessible to the city centre.
“We’d encourage home seekers looking for a unique new neighbourhood to visit our show homes to see the lifestyle on offer here at Southbank.”
Prices start from £149,950 for a one-bedroom apartment. The sales office and the showhome and show apartment are open seven days, weekdays 10am – 6pm and on weekends 10am – 5.30pm at Persley Den Drive, Aberdeen, AB21 8WL.
For further information or to register interest, visit www.cala.co.uk.
Issued on behalf of CALA Homes (North) by Beattie Communications
For more information contact:
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland.
- In the 18 months to December 2018, CALA sold over 3000 homes and announced record profit before tax of £122.4m and also record revenues of £1,220.8m.
- CALA employs more than 1,000 people across 10 offices and more than 70 developments
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for 2019. On average over the past 10 years, the independent survey has found that more than 93% of our customers would recommend CALA to a friend.
- In 2017, and for the second consecutive year, CALA has collected the Silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the WhatHouse? Awards. At the 2018 Scottish Home Awards, CALA received the Customer Service Excellence Award for the third year running. In 2019, CALA was named Home Builder of the Year at the Homes for Scotland Awards.
- CALA is proud to be a Gold Patron of the Prince’s Trust, our national charity partner since 2015.
- In March 2018, CALA Group was acquired by Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk