Simple Moisturisers To Suit Every Skin Type
Tuesday, 05 April 2011
Using moisturisers as part of a daily skincare routine is essential to hydrate and protect skin and whether it's to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, protect from the sun, or simply brighten and replenish tired-looking skin, Simple, the UK's No. 1 Facial Skincare brand1, has a moisturiser to suit everyone.
Simple moisturisers contain no perfume and no colour, common causes of skin irritation, and no harsh or unnecessary chemicals, so they are perfect for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
Celebrity Make-up Artist and Simple Skincare Expert, Caroline Frazer, offers her top five tips for good moisturising and product recommendations to start now:
- 1. Understand your skin type. As you age your skin will change. Most women find it becomes drier and their usual moisturiser is no longer as effective. The easiest way to determine your own skin type and work out the best moisturiser for your skin is to look in the mirror and make a note of where you most commonly suffer from spots and blemishes. Next, use your fingertips and gently touch the skin on your face to establish if it is one of the most common skin types - sensitive, dry or oily - it is possible to learn this from the texture of your skin. Most women find they have combination skin and a key characteristic is that your t-zone will feel greasy, whilst the skin around your cheeks will feel much drier.
- 2. Moisturise your skin daily without fail. Moisturiser helps to create a barrier which protects skin against daily attacks from the elements, replenishing its moisture instead. Try Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser (125ml) - it contains the perfect blend of active ingredients and Vitamin goodness offering 12-hour moisturisation to keep your skin hydrated and nourished.
- 3. Protect against the environment. A number of factors affect our skin and slow down the renewal process including sunlight, colder weather, central heating and environmental pollution. Combat drier, dehydrated skin by using more layers of moisturiser on dry areas and a more nourishing cream if necessary. Try Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Day Cream (50ml) - it's formulated with Green Tea goodness to help fight the signs of ageing and it also contains SPF 15 to protect skin against the sun.
- 4. Use a night cream. Skin renews itself more effectively overnight. To make the most of this, store moisturiser in a cool room and always use a night cream suited to your skin type. Try Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream (50ml) - it contains Multi-Vitamin goodness such as Pro-Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E and F to actively restore, renew and regenerate skin overnight.
- 5. Use a moisturiser even if you have oily skin. People with greasy or oily skin are often frightened of using a moisturiser because they think it's going to feed or create spots, or make their skin more greasy. Look out for a moisturiser that is oil free as it will protect your skin without making it more greasy, but still allowing skin to have some protection. Try Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser (75ml) - it containsnatural Zinc PCA goodness to gently absorb excess oil andhelp eliminate shine whilst maintaining moisture levels and giving skin a matt look all day long.
Visit http://www.simple.co.uk/categories/moisturisers to find the best moisturiser for your skin's needs.
Notes to Editors:
1 SymphonyIRI Group, UK Non-Medicated Facial Skincare Units 52 w/e 19th February 2011