Snow Stars Future Secure Sponsorship
Wednesday, 16 September 2009
Scotland's snowsport stars of the future took to the slopes today (wed) to celebrate a new sponsorship deal with SNO!zone and Xscape Braehead.
The indoor snow sports centre and entertainment complex at Braehead in Glasgow have announced plans to expand their sponsorship of the Scottish Junior Ski Team for the 2009-2010 season.
The deal, which is now entering its fourth year, will again cover key costs for the team of 12-18 year olds as they take on the world's best at competitions across Europe and North America.
Crucially, the sponsorship will also include unlimited team access to SNO!zone's 200 metre real snow slope. SNO!zone at Xscape will provide the opportunity for all weather intensive training before the team takes to the mountains.
Jane Harvey, chief executive of Snowsport Scotland, said: "We are delighted, once again, to be continuing this relationship with Xscape and SNO!zone. Corporate sponsorship is the life-blood of the team, but we are very lucky to have such an appropriate sponsor who can go beyond financial support and give us vital training opportunities.
"The team all appreciate the access this gives us to perfect snow before we go to competitions. The fact that the SNO!zone slope is real snow makes all the difference."
Jane Macadam, site director of SNO!zone Scotland, said: "SNO!zone sponsors more than 60 athletes across the UK including several who will be competing at the Vancouver Winter Olympics in February 2010.
"We are delighted to be continuing our sponsorship of the Scottish Junior Ski Team and supporting the rising young stars of the sport."
Colin Reid, marketing manager at Xscape, added: "From the beginning of this partnership with Snowsport Scotland, we hoped that Xscape would be a stimulus for aspiring ski champions. Having Scotland's rising stars practising on our slopes is very exciting and hopefully it will not only inspire other young snow-sport talent, but we will see fantastic results this season from members of the team. SNO!zone has consolidated its reputation as a top snow venue in its own right and this sponsorship very much underlines that. Xscape as a destination welcomes all ages and abilities."
- With an indoor real snow slope covered with 1700 tonnes of fresh snow, SNO!zone, located within the Xscape entertainment complex at Braehead, Glasgow, is the country's leading winter sports venue.
- SNO!zone operates three real snow slopes in the UK based in Braehead, Glasgow, Castleford, Leeds and Milton Keynes
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars
- SNO!zone Scotland Braehead can be found within the Xscape entertainment venue just off junction 26 on the M8.
- For further information about SNO!zone visit http://www.snozonebraehead.com/ or call 0871 222 5672.