Snozone Calls For Parents To Refresh Half-Term Entertainment
Thursday, 03 February 2011
SNO!zone is calling for parents to ditch the same tired holiday activities and give kids something different to do over the February half-term with its specially designed SNO!camps.
The SNO!camps are tailored for seven to 15-year-olds and will be taking place at each of the three real snow slopes in Milton Keynes, Castleford near Leeds, and Braehead near Glasgow.
Both skiers and snowboarders can spend a day or a full week on the slopes, and take advantage of the expert tuition on offer.
Priced from just £43pp*, SNO!camps provide a great way to get kids active during the school holidays. The focus of the camps is on fun, safe learning, and instruction is given at all levels.
The camps are tailored to the individual abilities of the kids, with up to four levels on offer - Rookie, Rider, Freestyle and Pro, depending on location.
Beginners* will be familiarised with the equipment before learning the basics of snow sports, such as keeping a steady speed and making controlled turns, and can expect to leave with skills at a recreational standard.
More accomplished skiers and snowboarders can work on their skills and take part in various activities including games and races, all under supervision by the centre's experienced instructors.
As part of the cost, each child will be provided with lunch, a cool bag of goodies plus the chance to try out other Xscape activities such as rock climbing and bowling.
Elena Kale, SNO!zone business development manager, said: "During the holidays kids tend to spend most of their time glued to the TV screen or visiting attractions which they've experienced over and over again. We want to banish school holiday boredom and get kids active with our cool SNO!camps.
"The camps offer 'SNO!bie's' the chance to learn some skills ahead of the snowsports season and keep fit with skiing and snowboarding sessions whilst meeting new friends on our real snow slopes.
"The SNO!camps are also a perfect childcare option for working parents as each day is jam-packed with activities for everyone."
For more information visit www.snozoneuk.com or call 0871 222 5670 (Milton Keynes); 0871 222 5671 (Castleford) and 0871 222 5672 (Scotland). All sites please press Option 4.
* please note prices and content will differ per site. Please call for more details.
- SNO!zone is the UK's only chain of indoor real snow slopes
- SNO!zone took over the operation of the snow slope in Milton Keynes in 2000 and went on to design and build SNO!zone Castleford in 2003 and SNO!zone Scotland in 2006 to keep up with the growing popularity of snowsports in the UK
- In the last 10 years SNO!zone has taught more than a million people to ski or snowboard and seen more than two and a half million people using its slopes to practice snowsports all year round. A further million have experienced the exhilaration of sledging and ice sliding at the three slopes
- Each 170m long main slope is covered with more than 1700 tonnes of fresh snow - equivalent to the weight of 10 blue whales or 30,000 wheelbarrows of snow
- SNO!zone has also featured in some of the UK's most popular TV programmes such as Big Brother, Cash in the Attic, Wife Swap and welcomed celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Peter Andre, Heston Blumenthal, Girls Aloud and Heather Mills
- SNO!zone nurtures some of the best young snowsports talent in the UK by sponsoring more than 60 athletes annually including Olympians Zoe Gillings and Sean Rose
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, sledging and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars