Snozone Offers Freestyle Coaching Advice To Aspiring Riders
Monday, 23 May 2011
SNO!zone the UK's only chain of indoor real snow slopes, is offering aspiring riders exclusive coaching sessions with SNO!zone's sponsored riders and instructors as part of its Who's Afraid of the Park? Tour.
The Who's Afraid of the Park? Tour will be visiting SNO!zone's centres in Milton Keynes, Castleford (near Leeds) and Braehead (near Glasgow) over the coming month to encourage intermediate-level riders to be more adventurous on the slopes and inspire them to reach their full potential.
A freestyle park will be available to practice newly-found tricks while riders will also be able to showcase their skills on the slopes at the end of each session as part of a 'Just for Fun' competition.
SNO!zone qualified instructors and sponsored riders will be on hand throughout the tour to give advice and tips to budding skiers or snowboarders.
Sarah Porteus, SNO!zone head of marketing, said: "We're really looking forward to the tour, getting people even more enthusiastic about the sport, with tips from our instructors to help them develop and advice from our sponsored riders to discuss the opportunities available in snowsports.
"We hope these sessions will help SNO!bies realise their potential and take steps towards developing the current talent they have, and you never know, maybe we'll uncover some potential talent for our sponsored riders scheme!"
SNO!zone sponsors more than 60 of Britain's most promising young snowboarders and skiers, allowing them to prepare for competitions on real snow at its centres in Braehead, Castleford and Milton Keynes.
The Who's Afraid of the Park? Tour will take place in SNO!zone centres throughout May and June. The dates are as follows:
- SNO!zone Scotland - 28th May
- SNO!zone Milton Keynes - 4th June
- SNO!zone Castleford - 11th June
Each tour event is from 3 - 6pm, costing £25 for adults and £20 for juniors. For further information about the tour, please call 0871 222 5673 or visit www.snozoneuk.com.
- SNO!zone is the UK's only chain of indoor real snow slopes
- SNO!zone took over the operation of the snow slope in Milton Keynes in 2000 and went on to design and build SNO!zone Castleford in 2003 and SNO!zone Scotland in 2006 to keep up with the growing popularity of snowsports in the UK
- In the last 10 years SNO!zone has taught more than a million people to ski or snowboard and seen more than two and a half million people using its slopes to practice snowsports all year round. A further million have experienced the exhilaration of sledging and ice sliding at the three slopes
- Each 170m long main slope is covered with more than 1700 tonnes of fresh snow - equivalent to the weight of 10 blue whales or 30,000 wheelbarrows of snow
- SNO!zone has also featured in some of the UK's most popular TV programmes such as Big Brother, Cash in the Attic, Wife Swap and welcomed celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Peter Andre, Heston Blumenthal, Girls Aloud and Heather Mills
- SNO!zone nurtures some of the best young snowsports talent in the UK by sponsoring more than 60 athletes annually including Olympians Zoe Gillings and Sean Rose
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, sledging and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars