Snozone Takes Heat Off Summer Fun Budget With Free Family
Thursday, 28 July 2011
There's no need to worry about how to keep kids entertained this summer as SNO!zone Scotland has launched a flurry of free family fun days.
The indoor snow slope in Braehead will offer families a chilled day out on 31st July and 14th August with its real snow pool, snowboard simulator challenges, and sweet giveaways from MAOAM.
The fun will also continue inside the SNO!lounge where children can get creative and have the chance to have their work displayed in the snowboard makeover painting gallery.
Families can also have an absolute (snow)ball on the slope with its unique range of family slope activities, including sledging, ice slide or extreme Hammerhead sledging sessions for only £6.
Families who have already hit the slopes for winter holidays in the mountains can enjoy a family pass on the main slope for only £99 for half a day, a great way to get active together.
Claire Dewar, SNO!zone marketing and events co-ordinator, said: "It's always difficult to think of enough fun activities to keep kids entertained throughout the school break, whilst being friendly to the purse strings.
"We've come up with plenty of exciting things to do on and off the slope, including our snowboard simulator, real snow play area and summer offers to give families and friends the chance to enjoy an affordable day out, with perfect weather for snowsports guaranteed."
SNO!zone Scotland is housed within the Xscape entertainment complex in Braehead, which also offers bowling, cinema, rock climbing and other fun activities, restaurants, bars and shops - so there's plenty to do after fun in the snow!
The SNO!zone free family fun days takes place on Sunday 31st July and Sunday 14th August from 12pm until 4pm. Sessions can be booked in advance by calling SNO!zone on 0871 2000 633.
- SNO!zone is the UK's only chain of indoor real snow slopes
- SNO!zone took over the operation of the snow slope in Milton Keynes in 2000 and went on to design and build SNO!zone Castleford in 2003 and SNO!zone Scotland in 2006 to keep up with the growing popularity of snowsports in the UK
- In the last 10 years SNO!zone has taught more than a million people to ski or snowboard and seen more than two and a half million people using its slopes to practice snowsports all year round. A further million have experienced the exhilaration of sledging and ice sliding at the three slopes
- Each 170m long main slope is covered with more than 1700 tonnes of fresh snow - equivalent to the weight of 10 blue whales or 30,000 wheelbarrows of snow
- SNO!zone has also featured in some of the UK's most popular TV programmes such as Big Brother, Cash in the Attic, Wife Swap and welcomed celebrities including Justin Timberlake, Peter Andre, Heston Blumenthal, Girls Aloud and Heather Mills
- SNO!zone nurtures some of the best young snowsports talent in the UK by sponsoring more than 60 athletes annually including Olympians Zoe Gillings and Sean Rose
- As well as the main slope, a dedicated lesson slope at each centre allows visitors to learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding with qualified instructors
- Activities on offer at every centre include skiing, snowboarding, sledging and ice sliding
- When not on the slope, visitors can enjoy some après ski at the Alpine themed SNO!bars
- All of SNO!zone's centres are housed within Xscape venues, a giant entertainment complex, which also offers bowling, cinema, rock climbing and other fun activities, restaurants, bars and shops - so there's plenty to do after fun in the snow!