Tasty New Website For Gluten Free Food Label
Friday, 04 June 2010
Coeliacs and people with a gluten or wheat allergy or intolerance have access to new recipe ideas, tips, advice and an interactive forum, thanks to the launch of the brand new dietary specials (ds) website, http://www.dietaryspecials.co.uk/.
The market leading gluten and wheat free brand's new website has been launched in response to customer demand, and the new look http://www.dietaryspecials.co.uk/ provides an online support network for people who can't eat gluten or wheat. It's packed with information on living with food intolerance, new products and recipes - including a video recipe section - and visitors can also sign up for free goodies and get support and tips from others on the website's forum.
Michelle Shinn, Retail Brand Manager at ds said it's all about choice: "Our customers are always telling us they find it difficult to access information about their condition - whether they have coeliac disease, or any intolerance to wheat or gluten. They also want more choice in what they can eat - both in terms of products and recipe ideas. So we're simply responding to what our customers want as part of our commitment to them. We're already making delicious foods and now we want to provide a more interactive backdrop to that.
"We already have a popular e-newsletter, blog, Twitter and Facebook pages, and the new website is another way we can talk with our customers and actively engage with them about both our products, and other issues or comments they have regarding their condition."
ds is committed to offering more choice with its growing range of free from foods, which includes fresh breads, pasta, pizzas and frozen meals, and is available in most major supermarkets.
For more information about the ds range of gluten and wheat free products visit http://www.dietaryspecials.co.uk/
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland