Uk Cruise Business Signs Major Deal With World Travel Holdings
Thursday, 24 June 2010
The UK's fastest growing cruise retail business has today announced an exciting partnership with the world's largest distributor of cruise holidays.
Cruise118 directors Mal Barritt and James Cole have signed a major deal with America based World Travel Holdings, which will allow the business to push forward with its already aggressive growth strategy.
Mal Barritt explained: "This is an extremely important deal, both for Cruise118 and the UK's cruise industry. Under the deal we are announcing today, World Travel Holdings will acquire a stake in Cruise118 so that together we can grow the business to become one of the largest independent cruise retail companies in the UK.
"We have developed a strong relationship with Brad and Jeff Tolkin, Co-CEOs and majority owners of World Travel Holdings, and our business model sits very well alongside theirs. We both have organisations dedicated to providing exceptional service as standard and have outstanding teams ready to take on this new and exciting challenge."
James Cole added: "We're extremely proud of what we've achieved at Cruise118 in such a short time and this partnership marks a major step change in our company history. It really takes us to the next level and we are determined to ensure that joining forces with the world's largest distributor of cruise holidays helps us to fulfil our potential in the UK market."
Based in Wilmington, MA, USA, World Travel Holdings owns a variety of different brands including CruisesOnly, Cruises.com, Rooms.com, Vacation Outlet, CruiseOne, Cruises Inc. Villas of Distinction, and Island Hideaways. It also powers cruises for companies such as Priceline, American Airlines, Continental, Delta and US Airways.
Jeff Tolkin, Co-CEO of World Travel Holdings, said: "We are extremely excited about this latest partnership. Cruise118 shares our ethos of providing exceptional customer service as standard and we have been impressed by the team's professionalism and ability to grow their business at such an impressive rate. We are looking forward to working with them and to helping them significantly grow the company's cruise retail offering in the UK."
Cruise 118 was established in June 2008 by ex My Travel directors Mal Barritt and James Cole and since its launch the company has quickly established itself as the UK's fastest growing retail business. Last year the company signed a multi-million pound deal with travelsupermarket.com to provide a white label cruise website.
The directors of Cruise118.com have launched three niche brands, sixstarcruises.co.uk, sailfromuk.com and alaskaonly.com, in response to demand, and are currently pursing other third party partnerships in order to continue to grow the business in the coming years.
Notes to editors:
- Cruise118 is an independent cruise retailer offering the full range of cruise holidays
- In addition to Cruise118, the company has three niche brands www.sixstarcruises.co.uk, www.alaskaonly.com and www.sailfromuk.com
- Cruise118 is the exclusive provider of cruise holidays to travelsupermarket.com
- Cruise118's team of cruise concierges provide each customer with an individually tailored service. The company's independent status means customers receive the best deals and advice when choosing and booking their cruise
- Bookings available via telephone, internet and email
- Cruise118 is committed to providing exceptional customer service as standard
- Cruise118 is ABTA bonded, offering customers complete peace of mind
About World Travel Holdings
- Co-founded by Brad and Jeff Tolkin in 2005, World Travel Holdings (WTH) is a multi-brand travel distributor with offices in New York, Massachusetts, Florida and Virginia
- World Travel Holdings' owned brands include CruisesOnly, Cruises.com, Rooms.com, Vacation Outlet, CruiseOne, Cruises Inc., Villas of Distinction and Island Hideaways.
- World Travel Holdings' portfolio of licensed partner brands includes Priceline, American Airlines, Continental, Delta, & US Airways.
- As one of the nations largest online and offline leisure travel companies, WTH interacts with hundreds of thousands of customers each year, delivering a range of holidays from luxurious villa and resort getaways to top-brand cruises visiting the world's most popular destinations
- Customers can book 24/7 via the website, or the dedicated World Travel Holdings telephone lines.
- As an industry leader, WTH is able to secure the best rates for their customers.
- WTH Villas Division offers rentals of luxury homes throughout Italy, the South of France, the Caribbean, Mexico and Hawaii and is among the fastest growing Villa distributors in the world.