UK kids camp opens doors to thrill-seeking adults after 35 years
Monday, 10 April 2017
MUMs and dads across the country can now join their children on an adrenaline-fuelled break in breath-taking surroundings.
For the first time in 35 years, Kingswood Camps are giving big and little kids the chance to experience a range of activities together - from zip wiring and archery to abseiling and obstacle challenges.
Families can forget costly flights and school holiday budgets and enjoy an adventure nearer to home at five new camps; Colomendy in North Wales, Dearne Valley and Peak Venture in South Yorkshire, Overstrand Hall in North Norfolk and Isle of White.
Chief Operating Officer, Jason Andrews, from Kingswood, says: “Over the years so many parents have said their children have had such a great time at camp they’d like to experience it too – and now they can. Kingswood is the perfect place for parents to enjoy quality family time without having to go miles away for it.
“We put an emphasis on creating special unforgettable memories with families and encourage both children and parents to have minimal screen time when they’re at camp. Instead, we want them to face the adventure together in the great outdoors.”
Each family adventure experience offers its own unique accommodation and can vary from glamping and log cabins to adventure lodges.
Campsite facilities also include a communal yurt – complete with log fire – and watersports for adrenaline junkies.
To make a reservation for a family adventure break visit: www.kingswood.co.uk/families, or to book over the phone call: +44 (0) 1603 857482. Lines are open between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
For more information, interviews, case studies or images please contact:
Samantha Banks/Ellie Passingham/Laura Withers
T: 020 7053 6414/020 7053 6014
Notes to editors
- Family adventures are from £45 for two night stays, all inclusive of meals, accommodation and activities.
- Kingswood are now running day visits, overnight stays and two-night minibreaks for families.
- Age restrictions apply on Family Adventures – children must be aged from 6 to 17
- You can find Kingswood Camps on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KingswoodCamps/ and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/kingswoodcamps
- Kingswood Camps is one of the largest providers of residential outdoor adventures for 8 to 17 year olds, formerly known as Camp Beaumont
- Kingswood have now launched Family Adventures at eight locations around the UK. Bookable by phone only.
- Kingswood adventures are now available for both kids and families. Visit kingswood.co.uk/families for further information