Warrington Business Shortlisted Rosemary Conely Awards
Thursday, 15 July 2010
Warrington based Nutrition Point is celebrating national recognition with one of its products announced as a shortlisted finalist in the 'Rosemary Conley's Fabulous Low-Fat Food Awards'.
Nutrition Point, a leading supplier of gluten and wheat free foods, has been shortlisted for its Dietary Specials gluten free lunch rolls, in the bakery category of the awards, which are run in conjunction with the Rosemary Conley diet&fitness magazine.
The awards celebrate the very best low-fat foods as voted for by readers of the magazine, and shortlisted products compete for the chance to be crowned the most fabulous low-fat food in the UK.
Michelle Shinn, Brand Manager at Nutrition Point, said: "We're delighted to have been shortlisted for this award. It's especially exciting for us to see a gluten free product up there amongst mainstream alternatives in this way - it's important to us that we keep raising awareness of the need for more choice in the gluten and wheat free sector, and this award gives us a real opportunity to put free from products on the map.
"According to Coeliac UK, Coeliac disease affects 1 in a 100 people in the UK, and cutting out gluten and wheat containing foods is the only way to control the condition - which is why good quality free from foods are so important. Add to that the rising number of people who have a food intolerance or allergy, and those who choose to avoid these foods as part of a lifestyle choice, and it's easy to see why the sector is growing at such a rate.
"We're hoping lots of people will get online to the Rosemary Conley awards website and vote for the DS gluten free lunch rolls!"
Votes can be cast by visiting http://www.rosemaryconleyclubs.com/lowfatfoodawards.asp
Notes to editors:
- Nutrition Point is a UK company which was established in 1998 by entrepreneur Chris Hook, who was frustrated at the lack of food choices available for his wife and son who both suffer from wheat intolerance
- Nutrition Point was established to distribute and market gluten and wheat free products and remains committed to making gluten and wheat free food as convenient and tasty as mainstream foods
- Their Dietary Specials brand (ds) is brand leader in the sector
- Since 1998 the team has been working closely with the loyal ds customer base to develop a superb product range including ambient, chilled and frozen foods
- ds products cater for those with Coeliac Disease, and wheat or gluten allergies or intolerances, and are also suitable for those who choose a wheat or gluten free diet for lifestyle reasons
- In 2002, Nutrition Point became part of the Dr Schär group which has been established for over 25 years and is the European market leader in gluten and wheat freefoods
- In 2006, Dr Schär further strengthened their consumer offering across Europe by acquiring the whole free from business unit from Numico. This acquisition meant that Nutrition Point became responsible for the distribution and marketing of the Glutafin brand in healthcare and Trufree brand in retail throughout the UK and Ireland