White Rose Shopping Centre Awarded Family-Friendly Accolade
Tuesday, 21 May 2013
The White Rose shopping centre has been awarded the ‘Best Shopping Centre’ award in a programme set up by Mamas & Papas to recognise the most family-friendly destinations and attractions in Yorkshire.
The accreditation coincides with the launch of ‘Mum & Dad’s The Word’, a free local guide by Mamas & Papas, one of the country’s leading nursery retailers. The guide contains information on the best family eateries, days out and attractions in the region.
Commenting on the award win, Dean Stratton, centre manager at White Rose Shopping Centre, said: “I am over the moon with our award win that confirms White Rose is a great place for families. We work hard to ensure that everyone who passes through our doors each year has a fantastic shopper experience, whatever their age.
“We offer a selection of services for shoppers with little ones, including our safety wristbands that are available from our Customer Services Centre, which have an emergency contact number printed on the side in case anyone gets separated while shopping. Parents can also hire Mini Shoppers to keep their little ones entertained as they shop and we have recently updated our baby changing facilities.
“Our selection of toy retailers in the centre is constantly expanding and includes Build-a-Bear Workshop, as well as The Entertainer that opened just before Christmas.
“We have more than 13 million loyal customers each year and a lot of our shoppers are families; by going that extra mile we have been able to create a child-friendly shopping centre perfect for family outings.”
The ‘Mum & Dad’s The Word’ guide includes categories such as child friendly eateries, green spaces, shops/shopping centres, soft play areas and family days out.
Amanda Scacchetti, Mamas & Papas’ product director, said: “Becoming a new parent can be daunting. Many new young families talk about how their lives change once they have a new baby. All the familiar local landmarks for a parent change. Suddenly it’s no longer about finding the best local restaurants and boutique shops. Instead, knowing where the most child-friendly cafes, parks, playgrounds and soft play places are becomes important.
“This is why we have decided to help create this guide to support new parents. For over 30 years Mamas & Papas have supported parents as they embark on their exciting new journey, so we are delighted that the ’Mum & Dad’s The Word’ guide is helping parents of babies and young children in Leeds to enjoy the best places in their local area.”
White Rose Shopping Centre
White Rose Shopping Centre Leeds’ largest shopping centre and is owned by Land Securities. The 680,000 sq ft centre has more than 100 stores including H&M, Marks & Spencer, Primark, Topshop, Zara and Debenhams, as well as a food court containing eateries including Nando’s, Bagel Nash and McDonalds.
Land Securities Group PLC
- Land Securities is the UK’s leading Real Estate Investment Trust with a national portfolio of commercial property. Our investment portfolio also has more than 50 retail parks and shopping centres including Bristol’s Cabot Circus and Exeter’s quadruple award-winning Princesshay site.
- Land Securities’ multi billion pound development programme is transforming regional city centres including Cardiff and Leeds, key Central London sites and delivering long-term, large-scale regeneration projects in the South East.
- Half of the Land Securities’ portfolio is in London, where it owns landmark buildings such as the Piccadilly Lights and Westminster City Hall, and is developing some of the capital’s most innovative mixed-use schemes.
Mamas & Papas
- Britain’s favourite nursery brand Mamas & Papas was launched in 1981 by husband and wife Luisa and David Scacchetti. It is still a family business with their daughters Amanda and Olivia in Directorial positions within the business. As parents themselves they are helping to design products and services for a new generation of parents and parents to be.
- Mamas & Papas has been acclaimed for its success with awards such as Which? Best buys, Prima Fashion Awards, and numerous product awards from Mother & Baby and Practical Parenting.
- The company employs 1,473 colleagues around the world and has its Head Quarters in Yorkshire, England.
- Mamas & Papas has 64 stores In the UK its products are sold in over 2000 locations in 49 countries.
- Mamas & Papas group turned-over £134.7 million in 2012.
- Mamas & Papas continue to invest in getting closer to the consumer through a mobile site, mobile applications and improved consumer services such as the industry leading click and collect service with delivery to store from 1 hour via our online channel.
- Mamas & Papas offer key in-store services to enhance the customer experience: Free one-to-one consultations, bump fitting, a baby essentials checklist, expert advisers, a baby wish list service and a gift box service.
- Mamas & Papas is one of the biggest names in nursery retail, maternity fashion and baby wear favoured by celebrity mums including Gwen Stefani, Una Healy, Alicia Keys, Dannii Minogue, Denise Van Outen and Jenni Falconer.