Business Up Iknow-Uk Invests New Site Design
Tuesday, 18 January 2011
Online tourism and accommodation directory iknow-uk has welcomed in the new year with a fresh new look for its 18 regional travel sites - and has already seen a significant increase in traffic and enquiries as a result.
The company has invested more than £55,000 into an overhaul of its regional sites in response to consumer feedback over the past year, and has already seen an increase in site visits of 65 per cent since the new-look sites launched last week.
The new sites offer a new and improved easy-to-navigate design, a simplified online booking system, and detailed, easier to view contact details for all accommodation and hospitality providers.
The new designs also help make planning an entire UK holiday easier for consumers, the new simplified hospitality sections help users find shopping destinations, travel options, restaurants and attractions to accompany their stay.
Marcus Simmons, managing director at iknow-uk, said: "It's exciting to start the new year with a new look, and we're really pleased with the results of our design overhaul. Feedback we've received so far is great, and we've been able to further improve the user-experience by making our regional websites much clearer and more straight-forward.
"We've seen an unprecedented growth in the past year, doubling our turnover to £2.2million, and so to grow even further, we wanted to ensure that the sites are the best they can be.
"All of the new features that have been added to the sites have been requested by the users, and even though the sites have only been live for a few days, we've already seen our enquiry calls double and a 65 per cent increase in site visits."
"These increases mark a great start to the new year for us and we hope that new and existing users will find it easy to use and discover the range of services on offer from iknow-uk."
iknow-uk's websites cover Britain's most popular tourist regions and are visited by more than a million users each month.
Accommodation or hospitality providers looking to list their business on one of iknow's websites should visit http://www.iknow-uk.com or call 0800 064 3333.
Notes to Editors
- iknow-uk specialises in helping people plan and book the perfect UK holiday, by researching and offering the best local information to inspire the thousands of.people that visit the sites each month
- Iknow-uk gives visitors a wide choice of ways to research and contact accommodation providers. They can book online or have the option to contact properties by phone, email or through their websites
- iknow-uk ltd launched iknow-yorkshire in September 2003. It has since launched an additional 17 sites, including iknow-scotland, iknow-lakedistrict, iknow-northwest, iknow-cornwall, iknow-devon, iknow-wales, iknow-dorset, iknow-kent, iknow-somerset, iknow-sussex, iknow-hampshire, iknow-northeast, iknow-peakdistrict, iknow-london, iknow-homecounties and iknow-cotswolds. iknow-westmidlands, iknow-eastmidlands and iknow-northernireland are soon to follow
- April 2009 saw the launch of a comprehensive hospitality section to iknow-yorkshire. Hospitality is now also available on all the iknow-uk regional sites
- Since its launch, iknow-uk has over 6,000 customers, including accommodation and hospitality providers, listing on its regional websites. The sites have received over 25 million visitors and created two million booking enquiries for customers listing on the regional sites, which equates to £290 million worth of bookings - making iknow a leading authority on online bookings across the UK
- For further enquiries on listing on iknow-uk's websites, please contact Eve or Rachael at iknow-uk on 01772 521166