CALA HOMES (NORTH) HELPS CULTS KIDS BE SEEN THIS WINTER
Tuesday, 06 December 2016
Luxury housebuilder, CALA Homes (North), has teamed up with a local primary school in Cults to support this year’s ‘Be Safe, Be Seen’ campaign for Road Safety Week.
Primary seven pupils from Cults Primary School received a donation of high visibility vests and draw string bags for use throughout the darker months of the year.
Road Safety Week is the UK's biggest road safety event which ran between 21 and 27 November, organised by road safety charity, Brake.
Morven McKay, Deputy Head Teacher at Cults Primary School, said: “We are extremely grateful to CALA Homes for supplying our pupils with high visibility vests and bags as the children’s safety is our absolute priority.
“This helps keep the children safe whether they are walking or cycling to and from school during these darker months and will be fantastic for projects such as Bikeability.”
The purpose of Road Safety Week is to inspire local communities to take action on road safety and raise awareness of the steps that can be taken to improve road safety and ultimately, save lives.
Fraser Carr, Sales and Marketing Director for CALA Homes (North), said: “We are delighted to work alongside Cults Primary School to support Road Safety Week this year.
“Our team thoroughly enjoyed meeting the school’s P7 pupils, and we hope the vests and bags will prove invaluable as the darker nights draw in.”
CALA Homes’ idyllic Rosefield Gardens development is located close to the centre of Cults village and is the ideal location for growing families. The final phase of homes has now been released with prices starting from £689,000.
The housebuilder also recently unveiled plans for an exclusive new multi-million pound development named Cults Park, located in Cults. The development will comprise 119 three, four and five-bedroom detached, semi-detached and terraced homes as well as a number of affordable properties and is set to launch in spring 2017.
Notes to Editor – CALA Homes
CALA Homes, part of the CALA Group, is the UK’s most upmarket major home builder operating in the South of England, the Midlands and Scotland. The company is a Top 10 UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations.
- In its full year results for the year ending 30th June 2016, CALA announced record profits of £60.1m (2015: £50.9m).
- CALA’s average selling price (ASP), as at 30th June 2016, was £538,000 (2015: £509,000) – the highest ASP outside London of any major UK housebuilder, thanks to the Group’s market positioning and geographic presence in more affluent areas of the UK.
- As at 30th June 2016, CALA’s owned and contracted landbank stood at 15,399 plots (2015: 14,236) with a potential gross development value approaching £5.5bn, up 16% versus 2015 (£5.2bn).
- In 2016, CALA won ‘Large Housebuilder of The Year’ at the Scottish Home Awards for the second consecutive year, was crowned ‘Medium Housebuilder of the Year’ at the Housebuilder Awards as well as collecting a silver award for ‘Best Large Housebuilder’ at the What House? Awards.
- CALA Homes has received the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey for seven consecutive years.
- In March 2013, the CALA Group was acquired by Patron Capital Partners, the private equity group, and Legal & General Group, the insurance, savings and investment management company.
- At the end of March 2014, CALA acquired Banner Homes, a leading developer and retailer of luxury new homes in the affluent markets of the Midlands and the South East of England. The acquisition expanded the company’s geographical footprint and volume scale to make it a Top 10 UK home builder.
- CALA started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market. As CALA is an acronym it is always reproduced in upper case.
For further information visit www.cala.co.uk