Green Light for 684 Affinity Living Apartments at Embankment West
Monday, 16 May 2016
Select Property Group (Select) has been given planning permission for 684 residential apartments at Embankment West which is part of the 'Greengate' regeneration scheme. It features a mix of studios, one, two and three-bedroom apartments split over 12, 25 and 32 storeys. The application was made in partnership with Ask Real Estate.
The building will operate under Select’s Affinity Living brand which is specifically designed for a social generation that want to live in central city locations with access to communal facilities.
Large ground floor lounge areas will be open to the public and connect to an external landscaped area. The mezzanine level will feature private co-working spaces and a gym. The roof of level 13 features a roof garden, media room, yoga studio and private entertainment space with views over the city.
The site at Embankment West forms part of Salford Council’s Greengate Regeneration scheme which includes the creation of over 3 million sqft of residential, retail and commercial space. It is Select’s second development in the quarter, with its CitySuites scheme that offers luxury serviced apartments for business travellers due for completion in December 2016.
Today’s decision marks the first planning approval given for Select’s Affinity Living residential brand with two further schemes currently in planning. Speaking about the result, Mark Stott, CEO of Select Property Group, said:
“Receiving planning for our first Affinity Living scheme is a huge milestone for the brand which we’re confident will bring something exceptional to a generation of professional young renters in a remarkable area of the city.”
Headquartered in Alderley Edge, Select Property Group is a global developer, retailer and operator of market-leading property investment brands. It was recently named top North West Company and Top Property Company to Work For in the Sunday Times Best Small Companies List 2016.
Select is currently in planning stages for two further Affinity Living schemes in Manchester. This includes 677 apartments on former BBC site, Circle Square and 506 apartments at Riverside and Riverview next to the Lowry Hotel. Both schemes are in JV with Bruntwood.
The architects working on the scheme are CallisonRTKL. Work is expected to begin at Embankment West in July with completion expected in December 2019.
Niall Alcock, assistant director at Deloitte Real Estate added:
"Embankment West is the latest development to come forward at Greengate and will continue the transformation of this part of Salford. Having advised on Select’s CitySuites and Ask & Network Rail’s 101 Embankment schemes, both of which complete this year, it is exciting to work with these teams again to deliver this next phase of Greengate’s regeneration.
"The development is one of a number of residential-led schemes now coming forward in Salford, as the city makes an increasingly significant contribution to the Regional Centre’s burgeoning housing market and economic growth.”
Notes to Editors
About Select Property Group
- Select Property Group is a global developer, retailer and operator of market-leading property investment brands.
- Select Property Group controls every aspect of the investment lifecycle. We acquire the land, we develop the schemes, we sell the properties and then we manage the residences. This approach is revolutionary in the market and it gives us the ability to be totally accountable to our investor community.
- The Group creates fully managed investment property brands that successfully align end user requirements with investor returns. Happy tenants equals healthy returns.
- With a commitment to exceptional customer service, each Select Property Group brand achieves industry leading occupancy levels, resulting in high rental returns year on year.
- Our brands always start with the end user. With a clear understanding of their requirements we create innovative property brands that are unique and meet our residents’ exact needs. This approach guarantees occupancy levels and allows us to charge rental at a market premium.
About Affinity Living
- As with all of Select’s brands, the focus of Affinity Living is understanding the people who are going to be living in the accommodation and how they are going to interact with it.
- Aimed at Generation Y (22-35 year olds), Affinity Living has been created after careful in-depth analysis of the end user’s needs, requirements and outlook – it is the UK’s first clearly defined build-to-rent brand which will create environments that enable new communities to be established and thrive in stylish, purpose built surroundings with ample interior and external space for social interaction.